Sign in to follow this  
kgm0612

1962 1963 Mercury Comet

Did Mercury Comets offer an optional dash clock in 1962 or 1963? Is there a brochure showing the option or does someone have a photo? I know they offered a top of the dash mounted clock in a pod in 1964.

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

I believe they did. I found a photo of one in the dash of a 62 Comet. You can see part of it between the glove box and where the radio would have been.

62-Comet-3.jpg

Thanks for the photo. I wish we could see the clock more clearly. It's just a hunch, but I think this custom installation. The face appears to be from a 1959 Buick. There is a gap around the area between the dash metal and the clock itself. Also there is a screw on the left side of the clock that wouldn't normally be part of a factory installation.

I've looked over a few brochures and an owners manual online but didn't find any mention of a clock. I saw a couple of photos of a dash clock in a Falcon and it was different.

The one of the Comet I posted was the only one I could find so it could very be custom though the ones in the Falcons were in a similar location.

No problem. I like posts about these cars. They bring back fond memories. My grandfather owned a '61 2dr sedan and my mom had a '63 S-22. They both bought them new. My granfather kept his longer than my mom did but my mom's car was nicer. Both were 6's with manual transmissions.

The internet helps me remember these cars.