Cooling issue fixed after 44 years

Vila

I have owned my 1933 since 1971 and believe I finally solved my cooling issue.

It never really overheated, but this car has always run at an above normal temperature during hot weather.  When I switched from standard motor oil to Synthetic Racing oil several years ago the temperature gauge showed some improvement.

A few years ago I read a posting on the Vintage Chevrolet Club of America (VCCA) forum that a 1932 - 36 Chevrolet truck fan may solve the problem.

Finally after several years of searching I finally found the truck fan on eBay.  The seller did not have it posted as a truck fan and I had to ask the seller the diameter of the fan to figure out that it was in fact what I was looking for.  The Truck fan is approximately 3/4 of an inch larger in diameter, but the benefit is in the wider blade width.

The fan was delivered on 18 December and I installed it that night.  With the car idling, this thing blows around twice the amount of air as the original fan, but the real test will in next summers heat.

My next find for this car needs to be a replacement fog light lens that I have been looking for over the past 40 years.  I have a set of 1937 / 38 fog lights and have bought 3 replacement lenses over the years and none have worked out for various reasons.