Rockne

I would like information on the Rockne cars produced in early 30's. My uncle had a rumble seat convert (roadster?) with dual side mounts he was very fond of.. I would like pictures to send him and would be glad to pay for some decent shots or if there is a good book available that mentions the car.<BR>Thanks...E. F. Bolte Pres. Magic City Region

There isn't a whole lot out there on Rockne Auto's. The Rockne Roster of cars that still exist shows NO Convertibles. Our Roster has a total of 49 Rockne's on it so far, 27 for the year 1932 & 22 for the year 1933. The most you see in a book is maybe a picture with very little text. If anybody else knows of a good book please let me know too.<P>'33 Rockne 2 dr. Owner

• 7 years later...

A Rockne roadster competed in the Gilmore Gold Cup Race for stock cars in February 18, 1934. Is there a picture of a stock one, somewhere, assuming that it was a '33 (I am assuming that there was no '34 model)given the number of cars in your database. Thanks.

Guest Leonard Shepherd

This is from the book "The Studebaker Century". The second picture is just a snapshot of a Rockne roadster.

post-52673-143137999342_thumb.jpg

post-52673-143137999348_thumb.jpg