Pictures needed of an 89 Engine, please

Wantvegas

Trying to run the vacuum lines for my 89 that just had the engine swapped. I have looked over the diagram for the 89 2.2 for California, but I just don’t fully understand it. Can anyone with a digital camera take some pictures of their vacuum lines (especially the ones from the throttle body and back behind it?) I have an exposed line coming out from behind the throttle body that doesn’t go anywhere and is sucking in a lot of air. If I cover it, the engine dies. Not sure where this line needs to go to? Brake booster?? Pics would be so helpful! Thank you!!! 

Im getting sooo close to being able to drive it!! Been a long year! 

Here are pics of what i need. 

I need to know where this line is suppose to go. Thank you! 

http://i.imgur.com/5AcyMyz.jpg 

http://i.imgur.com/5V6YlLO.jpg 

I wish I could help, however I have converted my TC to Vacuum Booster brake system and that is where that large vacuum hose goes to on my car now.

In the second picture, it looks as though you have it connected to something. Can't tell what, though.

Trying to run the vacuum lines for my 89 that just had the engine swapped. I have looked over the diagram for the 89 2.2 for California, but I just don’t fully understand it. Can anyone with a digital camera take some pictures of their vacuum lines (especially the ones from the throttle body and back behind it?) I have an exposed line coming out from behind the throttle body that doesn’t go anywhere and is sucking in a lot of air. If I cover it, the engine dies. Not sure where this line needs to go to? Brake booster?? Pics would be so helpful! Thank you!!! 

Im getting sooo close to being able to drive it!! Been a long year! 

That large open ended vacuum line: You say the engine stalls if you cover it, TRY closing off the vacuum leak at that hose s l o w l y so the AIS motor can compensate for the vacuum leak.

If the engine continues to run, doing that, we will know that other vital vacuum sources are still functioning as they should and we can focus only on that line.

Hopefully someone with an original vacuum line setup will be able to photograph their engine harness.

Sorry I am not of more help in this instance.

I found an old photo of my engine compartment prior to the conversion.

It looks like the only thing connected to the plastic nipple is the vacuum line that runs through the firewall just next to the 2 heater hoses, there is a small vacuum check valve on that line and then just the connector to the nipple.

Hope this helps.

post-83939-0-75269500-1447700940_thumb.j

That large open ended vacuum line: You say the engine stalls if you cover it, TRY closing off the vacuum leak at that hose s l o w l y so the AIS motor can compensate for the vacuum leak.

If the engine continues to run, doing that, we will know that other vital vacuum sources are still functioning as they should and we can focus only on that line.

Hopefully someone with an original vacuum line setup will be able to photograph their engine harness.

Sorry I am not of more help in this instance.

I found an old photo of my engine compartment prior to the conversion.

It looks like the only thing connected to the plastic nipple is the vacuum line that runs through the firewall just next to the 2 heater hoses, there is a small vacuum check valve on that line and then just the connector to the nipple.

Hope this helps.

Great! Thank you for that info. That does help and i will try to slowly cover it tomorrow. Looking at the photo it doesn't seem i have that part, but i will look. If anyone else is able to take a pic or two of their setup it would still be very helpful. Thank you!!

Great! Thank you for that info. That does help and i will try to slowly cover it tomorrow. Looking at the photo it doesn't seem i have that part, but i will look. If anyone else is able to take a pic or two of their setup it would still be very helpful. Thank you!!

Here is another picture which may help. Next to the master cylinder you see the vacuum line that leads into the cabin of the car to control the heater/AC vacuum operated doors. In this photo the line is attached to the booster vacuum check valve. In your situation, it should be connecter to the open plastic connector where your vacuum leak currently is.

I hope I make myself clear.

post-83939-0-63829900-1447740792_thumb.j

Great! Thank you for that info. 

OK, you see the new photos submitted. They show the same connector attached to the plastic tube which you pictured.

The only thing you need to do is look behind and below the intake manifold for that very small vacuum line with it's connector.

It goes through the firewall at the same place as your 2 heater hoses. It should be easy to find.

Awesome! Thank you Hemi and Lawteachr! This helps a lot, I will be looking for this line asap. Its funny, because my ac/heater vents stopped moving too, so i bet that's it! 

I'm starting to wonder if there was any other lines like this one that they missed. Can anyone recommend a service book or some tech info i can find on vacuum lines like this one? I'm wondering if they have the air lines to and from my turbo ran correctly too.