Can you identify vacuum fitting on '41 Stromberg AAV-16?

Kenneth Carr

I am installing a NOS carburetor in my 1941 Buick Roadmaster. This is the front carburetor of the dual setup. The front of the carburetor has what I believe is a vacuum line entering it. There is a fitting in the carburetor that receives the fitting on the vacuum line. I have to use the fitting from the old carburetor.

Unfortunately the old fitting that screws into the carburetor appears to be cross threaded and I would like to get a new one, preferably locally at NAPA.

Can anyone identify this fitting (thread size, style, etc.)? I used a 7/16" wrench to remove it. The end that enters the carburetor tapers slightly and terminates in a 1/16" diameter hole.

Photos are below . Thanks!

vacuum fitting AAV16 carb

Vacuum Fitting, 1941 Stromberg AAV-16 Carburetor

Edited by Roadmaster71 (see edit history)

Ray and Keith ... Thanks for the feedback. I did find that it is indeed a NPT 1/8" x 27. Unfortunately NAPA did not have the exact fitting.

So, I put it through a die and that solved the cross thread issue. It did not come out perfect but at least there was no more binding. Then I tried to put it in the new carburetor and it was still difficult so I chased the threads on the carb. All worked well!

The car started up immediately with the NOS carb (I had it in a box for about 10 years ... finally put it on at the encouragement of my friends from our local AACA club, Westerly-Pawcatuck Region). No leaks and the car runs much better!

New Carburetor Installed