64 Heater Core - Will this fit?

64Rivvy

Hi all,

Does anyone have any experience on whether this heater core will fit a 64 Riviera properly  and if the quality is acceptable?  The listing shows that it will fit 63-65 but hoping someone here has experience with one of these.  I'm not able to find one in stock through the normal vendors (CARS, OPGI, etc) so I wanted to check b/c I need one quickly, but at the same time don't want to have to do this twice..  

http://www.ebay.com/itm/63-64-65-BUICK-RIVIERA-Heater-core-NEW-/180836514666

Thanks,

64Rivvy

You don't state if your car has factory air. The box and heater core are different on factory air cars. Core itself is the same, but the nipples are about an inch longer on the factory air cores. Use the eBay posting for non air. Use the one Chris posted if it does.

Yes the car does have factory air.  The one from CARS would be great but not in stock and no ETA on when they will get more.  The eBay listing says it will work for both air and non air rivieras, but a bit skeptical on that.  

Any other sources for heater cores?  I'm about to replace my whole cooling system and really want to hook the heater back up.  It's currently bypassed.

I checked with the eBay vendor and they guaranteed it would fit a 64 riviera with AC and that they said they have never had any issues in the past. They are willing to guarantee it and pay return shipping if there's any issue. I can barely find a decent muffler shop anywhere near me, so I know recoring locally will be a fruitless exercise. I did find a few places online that will recore it. If I try the one from eBay I'll report back on whether it fits. Thanks.