1915 Serial Number Plate

Guest Al Brass

Guest Al Brass

Hi everyone,

Is the oval plate placed with the numbers facing towards the left fender (outwards) or towards the radiator (inwards)?   What was left of mine seemed to suggest they were placed to the radiator but I have always wondered ??

Regards and thanks

Al

New Zealand 

The oval, aluminum, frame serial number tag on my 1916 D-45 (which was built in the calendar year of 1915) is attached to the driver side frame rail almost directly beneath the headlight bucket in the manner that it is readable from standing by the left front wheel and looking down upon the frame rail.  I hope that this will answer your question as to how the frame tag is/was positioned on the frame.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

Guest Al Brass

Thanks Terry, that is how I suspected it should be.   It seems the original plate on my car may have been fitted the opposite way at some point it time so I will change it I think.  The placement is the same, under the left headlight.

Regards

Al

• 2 weeks later...

Both of the 1915 Buicks that I have here have the tag on the left also. It is affixed between the Headlamp post holder, and the fender holder. The numbers are facing outward as seen in the photo on the C-37 Frame. My cars are a C-36 and a C-37. Dandy Dave!

post-87870-0-84030700-1445604536_thumb.j

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)