Sigh - electrical issues - flashers

Thriller

Recently I had to wonder about the signals on the '88 Reatta as it would chime just the once. On Friday Suzanne dropped me off with it so I had her turn on the signals and nothing. The park lights are all working so I didn't suspect bulb issues. After a bit of research I fearfully went to an auto parts chain and wound up with an EL12 flasher, which I believe is not correct, but I don't know whether it will function at all or not. Tonight I attempted to change out the flasher. The instructions I found (old thread here) suggested turning in the four ways as that flasher is beside the signal flasher. Those don't work either.

So, with neither flasher working, am I barking up the wrong tree? Could there be a relay or something common to both? Of course that doesn't solve the inability of my hands to fit in around the steering column which is packed full of wires and electronics.

Sigh. Suzanne loves her Reatta but I don't like her driving in this city of foolish drivers without signal lights. We have limited driving weather left this year too, so I'd like to resolve this sooner than later.

Thanks for any assistance.

The EL12 flasher you have will not work. You need a turn/hazard module that, to my knowledge, is no longer available new. The module is located in the front of the the console near the fuse block. I can't be more specific because I have never changed one myself. Fuse #6 supplies the power to the both the turn and hazard lights..

Below is a photo of the module. Thanks to Padgett for the photo on his website.

thft_turn.jpg