Vern Campbell

hddennis

Just read this on the MTFCA Forum:

Vern Campbell recently lost his battle with cancer – he died on Thursday, August 27, about 4:00 pm. Vern was a true friend of all Model T’ers – his sincere kindness and profound spirit to help anyone will never be forgotten. Those of you who attended the Michigan Jamboree this year benefitted from his sincere words that he sent along for the invocation at our banquet last Saturday. His words touched all of us. Our ceremonial “Vern Campbell Watermelon Tribute” on Friday evening at the Jamboree was also very well-received by all. A special thanks once again goes to Dave/Dan Martin for bringing Vern’s Model T to the Jamboree.

A memorial service will be held in Vern’s honor on Sunday, September 20, 4:00 pm, at the People’s Presbyterian Church of Milan, 210 Smith Avenue, Milan, Michigan 48160.

I didn't know Vern personally but he was very helpful anytime I had a question about my Maxwell restoration and gave me many tips and encouragements. It seemed to me that he was the only thing that held the  Maxwell community together and he was the keeper of the "Maxwell Registry".

My condolences to his friends and family.

Howard Dennis

• 1 month later...
Guest grahambarnes

Sorry to hear of Vern's passing, He was the first person I talked to over internet and was very helpfull with info on Maxwell cars

Graham Barnes

UK Member