1941 Rear Springs

Plyroadking

I'm not sure that this is 100% conclusive, but I can tell you that the '41 Cadillac sedanet (series 61) uses a softer rear spring than the 4-door in the same series.  Since the Buick uses coils rather than Cadillac's stiffer leaf springs, surely the model-to-model spring differentiation would be greater in the Buick.

By the way, are you sure that the nose-high attitude of your sedanet isn't due, at least partially, to too much height in your front springs? Reason I ask is that I once had a car with the same problem -- which turned out to be caused by spacers installed in the front springs, put there, apparently, in response to a sagging problem.

Next time you ask a question about your Buick ,just tell what model you have too,that`s very importent if you own a Buick whatever the year is.1942 seems to be the first "Sedanette"model in my Buick parts book.I have scanned from my books,and you can check by yourself what`s right or wrong!

Leif in Sweden.

post-76677-0-37916100-1437633306_thumb.j

post-76677-0-04587000-1437633330_thumb.j

Sorry about how that, my two door is a 46s a sport coupe, the parts car is a 41. Looking at the scanned documents it appears that the 41 high spring is the same # as the 200lb overloads for the 46s, seems interesting. I'll have to pull the rear end out of the 41 and see what they are now that I have the part numbers.

I checked for spacers in the front but didn't find any, the front had new springs installed in the 1970s and it looks a lot better now that I have the original 16 inch wheels and new tires on. Before I had put a 15 inch wheel on the front to roll the car out of the previous owner's shed.

Thanks!

Well, blast it all!  As if I didn't have enough to worry about, now I have to lie awake tonight trying to figure out why many of the entries on Leif's spring specification list indicate LHD.  What difference could right or left-hand drive conceivably make in determining spring rates?  Is it possible that even back in the '30s and '40s American obesity was a problem???