Side view mirrors for 1937 Coupe

gregleck

post-148435-0-48757200-1437529894_thumb.When I bought my 37 Buick Coupe, the previous owner had installed side view mirrors which I think were from a

Ford Model A. 

Driver's side is OK.

Passenger side is useless.  When you are in the driver's seat and look at the passenger side view mirror, it is

completely hidden behind the "A" pillar between the windshield and the passenger side window.  (See photo)

The mirror will not mount above the side window because it prevents the front door from closing due to the narrow

clearance.  (It is a clamp on mirror.)  Even if it did, the arm is not bent enough to enable the mirror to hang down.

I have seen some photos where the mirror is mounted above the side mirror, on both the driver and passenger side.

What kind or style of mirror is this?  Can anyone supply a brand or model number they know will work in this type of

application?

I recently bought two M-4 "King Bee" style mirrors from Bob's Automobilia but after playing with them I do not think

they will work - I cannot rotate the mirror enough to be able to see the area behind the passenger side if I am in the driver's

seat.  They also require you drilling holes into the door frame to mount.

I have the exact situation with my 37-41. I have the "Peep Mirror" type. I have tried it on several locations on the top edge and the front . There are areas where a clamp on mirror will not fit. Even a front seat passenger has difficulty using them.