finishing up my 65 GS restoration pics

Rufcar

This was a complete strip to bare metal to original Champagne Mist color. Replace lower quarters, metal around wheel wells and more. I removed all metal and sanded and polished it. Re chromed a bunch of items but not all. I didn't do rear bumper and I am now wish I did but I did do new light bezels. This car was completely restored many years ago, then driven full time and now re-restored. It is a real GS with wood wheel, rear defrost, a/c, handling package PW rear speaker and arm rest. It never had  guidematic or PV. It is a heavily optioned car that now runs and drive like new. Clarks is sending me new front seat covers and fiberglass rear parcel deck which I hope to finish soon. I have new carpet and sound deadener but I wanted to drive her until I take the seats out. I must have 40-60 hrs in the factory a/c controls and have tried 3 different units checked and ran vac hose but can only make the heat and a/c work with a bi-pass valve I made up. I checked the a/c yesterday with a new laser and its 26deg coming put of the vents. It has been an interesting project and finally happy its near complete.

Thanks to all the ROA folks who have given me advice along the way.

post-141069-0-00251400-1437135996_thumb.

post-141069-0-70522100-1437136022_thumb.

post-141069-0-14129600-1437136066_thumb.

• Like 1

Clarks is sending me new front seat covers and fiberglass rear parcel deck which I hope to finish soon.

Having recently installed my Clarks fiberglass rear deck cover, I thought I might share that they come with none of the attaching holes marked or opened up. Even knowing this, I failed to remember opening the slots for the top of the speaker grille until I had it completely installed. It's doable without removing but much more difficult. The fit and finish is great however.

Your GS is looking excellent. Great job. My '65 is/was the same color, now having that 'patina' look.

Steve

Tkx for the kind words Tony. Slosteve I just posted pics of my fiberglass deck install today. I did fit everything in advance and also made many patterns before I drilled. To make the large hole for the blower I drilled 2- 2.5" holes with a hole saw running in reverse and I used a battery drill running slow then I marked the patterns with the blower screen diffuser and hand cut the sides of the hole with a hack saw blade out of the frame. It took time but came out perfect.