1st gen riv hubcaps

Guest Erlyriv

Guest Erlyriv

Complete set of turbine hubcaps, centers,spinners plus 1 extra spinner  driver, but all there $500.00

Complete set basic hubcaps, good shape  $100.00

Complete set driver quality hubcaps  $75.00  

May be able to deliver to ROA Intl. in St. Charles,IL.

PM for pics

Todd,

What year for the turbine wheel covers?  1963 is plain aluminum between the turbine blades; 1964 has black paint in between the turbine blades.  Are they for 5-1/2" wheels or 6" wheels.  The attaching stud on the back of the cover for 5-1/2" wheels will have a 1/32" spacer between the two sets of thread; the attaching stud on the back of the cover for 6" wheels will have a 1/4" spacer between the two sets of threads.

These are rare and worth every penny if they're in good shape.  I had to go through 19 covers to find 10 ( two sets of 5 - four on the ground and one for the spare - one set for my '63 and one set for my '64) that did not have cracks, bends, missing pieces, or broken studs in them.  New studs are like hens teeth.  And old studs are extremely difficult to remove; the aluminum cover and the steel bolts have corroded together over the past 50 years.  If they're in great shape, they're a good deal for someone.

Basic wheel covers for 1963 have a silver Buick tri-shield on a black back ground.  Basic wheel covers for a 1964 have the Riviera R on a black back ground.

Thanks,

Ed

Guest Erlyriv

I'll have to check the back for 5.5 or 6. I think 3 don't have black one does all studs there,

one has small crack other 3 small bends etc, driver quality but all parts, stainless hubs are nice, centers ok.

Figured out how to attach   :)

Guest Erlyriv

Guessing thats how that happened as well. I got them that way.Enough that you can see it, I don't think they all have them. there is a slight crack in one from that.