Cleveland All Stars

model8125

Had a great time in Cleveland this past weekend celebrating all makes manufactured there. My wife and I were guided around town and even visited what is left of the old Peerless factory. Peerless was very well represented at the show with a roadster,speedster, 7 passenger touring, sport coupes and sedans. There were several of us owners that were not able to bring our vehicles but it was still great to get together.There was some talk about a meet in Florida next winter or spring for any interested Peerless people.

J. Knight

• 4 months later...

John,

Sorry not to attend the meet in Cleveland this year. I found a youtube video of the meet about 5 minutes long and had a couple of questions. There was a green 1929 Peerless Six-61 Coupe I did not recognize. Do you remember whose that was? Also, there was a long interview with someone describing the 1912 Peerless speedster, recently brought back to the States from Holland. His name was Ralph Curzon and one got the impression he was the owner. I thought Steve Brauer of St. Lous was the owner. Did this stunning car change hands again, or was Mr. Curzon standing-in for Mr. Brauer due to other engagements?

I'm glad you could make it to the Cleveland All Stars Meet. You have one of the most impressive Peerlesses out there, certainly among the top ten in my book. Even though you did not bring it to Cleveland, I know you get the word out about Peerless in Ontario quite a bit with all the car shows and touring you engage in. I believe it was you, single-handedly, who got the CCCA to include a 1929 Peerless model in their full classics list for the first time.

Have you ever seen your 1929 Eight-125 7-Passenger Sedan in that movie "Looking For Miracles"? 

Thanks!  

Jeff

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)

Hello Jeff

It was certainly a pleasure to meet all the Peerless owners and see all the beautiful cars. The green 1929 coupe you asked about was restored by the Pistorius's and belongs to a chap from  the Bahamas. Not sure who the owner of the 1911 speedster is but it was most impressive. I have a copy of "Looking For Miracles" and another video called "Lantern Hill". The first 5 minutes of the movie have my car driving through high end neighborhoods in Toronto. 

John

Hi John,

I think the Bahamas car is a 1926 Six-80 2-Door Sedan (owned by Mr. Baker). The video was "Cruise-In Cleveland All Stars" on youtube.com . I think Gord from Ontario brought his green 1931 Master Eight Sport Coupe(straight 8), but the one I saw a glimpse of had horizontal hood louvers, was a dark green Coupe, and looked like a 1929 Six-61(Straight 6), unless it was a Marmon Roosevelt or a Stutz.

Thanks for the tip about "Lantern Hill". I guess I'll have to watch that sometime. There's a Canadian with a 1913 Peerless 48-Six who told me about getting roped into doing a film about the Titanic. He said it bothered him that he was supposed to be dropping someone off at the docks in 1912 in a 1913 car...but he got to spend time with Catherine Zeta-Jones. ----Jeff

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)

John, I thought the was nothing left of the Peerless factory.  There's a new Juvenile Justice Center there now.  Unless those buildings on the south side of the railroad tracks were a part of it too.  I was there when they tore it down & took some bricks.  That was in the late 1990's.  It was on the corner of Quincy & E 93rd.  The last part of the main building standing was the 4 story brick building that housed the company offices & had it a first floor showroom.  I remember I took some pictures & sent them in to the CCCA Bulletin at that time & they published them.        

Edited by K8096 (see edit history)

The area it's in is similar to the neighborhood where the Packard plant is located in Detroit.  Don't go at night & watch yourself!    I'll try to find the pictures I took and scan them & post them on here sometime.   They were taken before digital cameras became commonplace.       

Hello John, 

I talked to Matt Lynch today, and he said it was Mark Fogarty with the Peeress I saw in the "Cruise-In" episode mentioned above. Mark has a '29 6-61 Coupe -- so there were two green Peerless Coupes there. I guess Matt was there for the jumping-over-the-fence-to-grab-some-bricks episode, too.

Jeff