MrEarl

Keep it Stock?

I had a few of my very clever and funny posts deleted without warning or reason. I will stay down in BuickLand.

Hell, (yes I said Hell) I didn't even go up to your link.

Sounds like Dale was stirring though.

I'll get right on that trying to control others taste outside my god-given sphere if I have any energy after I modify my bone stock 55 cent dyna to stick dual fours 56 dual exhaust, 56 dual exhaust rear bumper and any other mod I think of to De-improve the poor victim of my bad taste! By the way anyone want to buy a continental kit 54-56? Just thought I'd ask. Greg

Thank you, thank you very much Keith.

Randy, I wasn't  trying to prompt a debate or piss anyone off, merely trying to keep the P/M forum lively with a bit of humor. But if anyone would like to start a debate, have at it, in you own thread.  I'll certainly defend the Modified Division or any other division that might bring more members to the club and perhaps give new life to some old forgotten Buick.    

Dang Lamar , got me thinking about doing another car this summer.

Anyone know where I can find a 54 Super coupe, I'm thinking rat rod flat black, de chromed and a lumpy sounding 455 ( got to keep it all Buick right) tub the rears and make a cruiser ;-)

Oh yea baby!

There is one sitting in my driveway.  Ready for some rat rod black!

Anyone know where I can find a 54 Super coupe, I'm thinking rat rod flat black, de chromed and a lumpy sounding 455 ( got to keep it all Buick right) tub the rears and make a cruiser ;-)

Oh yea baby!

There is one sitting in my driveway.  Ready for some rat rod black!

there ya go Mark, better jump on it before he changes his mind!!! or I forget I already have two barns full of projects,  do a reverse mortgage and buy it.

Here's you in a couple of months V

post-77380-0-83673000-1433504673_thumb.j

post-77380-0-53525500-1433504674_thumb.j

post-77380-0-44643400-1433504675_thumb.j

• Like 1

Rear "tubs", in and of themselves, would not affect wet weather driving. BUT the super-wide soft rubber "racin' tires" might be more prone to hydroplane on deeper "wetness" than the skinny-tread tires the vehicles came with back then. .. wheels/tires which fit the existing wheel wells.

Another issue would be how well the tubs are mated to the existing floorpans of the vehicle. Not getting them sealed against moisture and dust COULD impact the longevity and enjoyment of the vehicle. Hopefully, just the sheet metal would be altered and NOT the frame rails!!

NTX5467

Oh yea baby!

How about a 54 Roadmaster Mark?  This one is in my storage garage, could hook you up!

post-84469-0-96349600-1433948706_thumb.j

Oh MY!!!! Be still my heart.... Seriously???

That don't need no customizing!!!!

post-84469-0-96349600-1433948706.jpg

• Like 1

Oh MY!!!! Be still my heart.... Seriously???

That don't need no customizing!!!!

post-84469-0-96349600-1433948706.jpg

I offered this one to Mark, figured he could customize it or whatever, but he turned me down.  :>)

post-84469-0-68577300-1434123510_thumb.j

• Like 1

I think this forum exists for one sole purpose that I have yet to see.

I'm waiting on a post on how to modify the '53 Super/Roadmaster hood hinges/alignment with a completely new design so that it actually works :)

• Like 1

Will, try using a hood off a 54. Of course you may have to add the rest of the car to make it work right. That black 4-holer up above would probably fit the bill. ;)

• Like 1

Chris, where has that black Roadmaster been all my life. I'd like to hear more about it. Wouldn't happen to be the Stephen King promotion car I saw in Flint in 03 would it? 

feel free to email me at 1954buick at gmail dot com

Chris, where has that black Roadmaster been all my life. I'd like to hear more about it. Wouldn't happen to be the Stephen King promotion car I saw in Flint in 03 would it? 

feel free to email me at 1954buick at gmail dot com

email sent

I offered this one to Mark, figured he could customize it or whatever, but he turned me down.  :>)

Chris,

I had already customized that one, that's why you bought from me :-)

Dang good looking car isn't it!

I like my old Buicks stock.  I do appreciate modified Buicks and other makes, but I do not like being put in the same class with them at car shows.

• Like 1

I like humor; the more ironic, cutting, or entwined the better.

Humor doesn't work well in forums, email, or between two people. Something triggers the "hey! that's personal" furrows the little ball of thoughts that rolled into the brain.

One of my favorite lines was the  entity that called the Enterprise crew crew ugly sacks of mostly water. Not personal. not racial. not even the species; stand up and take it as an organism!

Be constructive about art forms. When the modified Buick makes you think of a velvet Elvis painting just say "Thank you very much." and move on....... unless they are trying to sell it to you.

Bernie

Edited by 60FlatTop (see edit history)
  • Like 1