'54 Super Convertible on CL

MrEarl

Not mine, regrettably. If in very good all original condition, price may not be way off. You'll have to respond to ad as there is no phone #. Not everybody at once now, don't want to jam the lines.

1954 Buick Super Conv, very good condition, older paint still in good shape, original interior in good shape, new top, original motor. Souther rust free car, original floor, trunk ect, this car has never been rusty, has the Ultra Rare Skylark wire wheels, a true original survivor car, very hard to find in the condition, I'm in Ontario, About 2 hours from the boarder, can deliver if needed, $ 40,000

00S0S_iQWUUHbVg42_600x450.jpg

Take off your sun glasses Jake. ;-) Looks to me to be Condor Yellow or close.

Here is the reply I got back from the seller. Sounds like he is being pretty up front with history and condition. Someone should seriously look into this one.

Hi,

Thanks for your interest. These are all the pictures I have of the car right now, I will get you some more, hopefully this weekend and send them through when I do. I just purchased the car, an older gentleman had owned it and had it stored in his barn for the past 10 years. I am just checking everything over on the car right now. I don't have a real detailed history on the car unfortunately. I can see the color on it was changed to the yellow, the original color would have been Willow Green. They did a very good and proper color change, but under the trunk weatherstripping you can still see the original color. It looks like it may have only been painted the one time, but there's no real way to know for sure. There are no bubbles in the paint or anything like that, there are a flaws in the paint over the DS headlight bucket, so there may have been some work done to that area, and the bottom of the drivers side door has been repaired. These are only two area's that I see any work having been done. I have had the car int he air and the underside is in excellent conditon. The floors, trunk everything is very dry and clean with no signs of repairs, it's all original. The glass is all in excellent condition, and all labelled with the E-Z Eye factory tint logo, so it appears to be all original glass. The chrome and trim on the car is in excellent condition, I'm not sure if the bumper have been re-chromed, but they are very nice ! There is no pitting in the grill or other pot metal parts of the car. The top has been replaced, some time ago I would say, but still looks like new, and is the correct black color top. The top cylinders were replaced and the power top works good. The interior is original and in excellent condition for original. There are no tears, cuts, burns ect. It's a two tone green interior. I put new carpet in it, the seats and door panels are very good. The car has a power antenna that works good. The original radio is supposed to have been re-built but I have yet to check it out, but it's there. The clock in the dash has been re-built. It has a new rad in it. The motor starts and runs good and under the hood is detailed and looks very nice. The transmission shifts fine. Overall I would describe the car as a really good original car. It has been painted atleast once, with the color change, and a new top put on it, otherwise it's very original. It has not been hot rodded or messed with over the years, has the original air cleaner ect. As I am sure you know finding a 60 year old, mid '50's convertible that's not been a rust bucket that someone has pieces together can be hard. This car really is as nice as it looks,

Thanks

Michael

post-31987-14314310361_thumb.jpg

post-31987-143143103536_thumb.jpg

post-31987-143143103547_thumb.jpg

post-31987-143143103557_thumb.jpg

post-31987-143143103568_thumb.jpg

post-31987-143143103578_thumb.jpg

post-31987-143143103589_thumb.jpg

post-31987-1431431036_thumb.jpg

Wow, nice find! Is it $40,000 US or $40,000 CAD, because $40,000 CAD is about $32,000 US right now. Either way, this car looks like a win. If I didn't just buy two cars that I'm pretty excited about (two 1941s) I'd probably make a move on this. Don't be afraid of importing it from Canada, there are no duties on repatriated US cars of this vintage and doing the paperwork with a broker will only be about $500. So don't let the fact that it's in Canada scare you away.

Guest my3buicks

It's a very pretty car, but if I'm going to drop 40 K on it , it would need to be a Roadmaster or Century, and not a color change, and particularly a color change where traces of the old color can be found.