64 Riviera Mirror

Rocket 88

Guest dwhiteside64

Are you interested in the remote or non-remote? The non-remote GM part number was 980814 and the remote was 1354028.

Is there some where that I can find the original Buick Part number for the outside door mirror. 1964 Riviera

Thanks

rocket88

Hi Rocket,

From the `64 Buick parts book:

Accessory remote mirror package 980781

Mirror and cable 1354028

Control 1366193

Non-remote mirror 980814

Generally the "980" numbers are accessory numbers whose components may break down into individual part numbers. So, often, as in the remote mirror package which is comprised of multiple pieces, one will find the accessory number on the box but each component has its own part number also. Buick may have changed these numbers in subsequent years so there are often several part numbers for the same part. Hope this helps,

Tom Mooney

PS Judging by your user name you may be an Oldsmobile man? I`m looking for the "bolts" which fasten the cast aluminum wheel covers to the steel wheels for my `64 Starfire. Can you help? Thanks Tom

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the reply about the mirror.

I have been looking for another mirror that I can install on the passenger side.

Doesn't have to be remote.

I do have a 57 Olds. 88 Ht.

I did purchase a 1964 Riviera in 1964. Wish I would have kept it.

Just purchased this one last year. Has the build sheet and protecto plate, nice car. 425

Thanks again

rocket88

Chuck

Guest CARS, Inc.

CARS, Inc. made the correct mirror. Here is the link:

http://www.oldbuickparts.com/catalog/1963-up-riviera-group-10-door-rearview-mirror-kit-1963-67-buick-riv-p-777.html

post-99705-143143067576_thumb.jpg

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the reply about the mirror.

I have been looking for another mirror that I can install on the passenger side.

Doesn't have to be remote.

I do have a 57 Olds. 88 Ht.

I did purchase a 1964 Riviera in 1964. Wish I would have kept it.

Just purchased this one last year. Has the build sheet and protecto plate, nice car. 425

Thanks again

rocket88

Chuck

The '63 / '64 remote mirror has a two piece head on it. You can move the bottom of the mirror back and expose an allen head bolt. With the allen head bolt removed, you can rotate the head of the mirror 180* and use it on the passenger's side.

Right now I'm trying to figure out how to make the mirror on the passenger's side adjustable without using the remote cable then get a convex mirror to fit so "objects are closer than they appear."

Ed