Easy five minute solution to 1965 Buick Riviera unobtanium auxiliary headlight motor relay

Seafoam65

1 minute ago, Seafoam65 said:

It looks like you are connected to the kickdown......you need to get a test light or voltmeter and see what the voltage is

at the orange/black wire with the key on and key off. Is your auxiliary relay wired up like I stated with the orange /black wire on terminal

4 off by itself, and the other two wires where I stated?

Yep, the auxiliary is the top relay, I believe, and I put the orange/black on the terminal by itself when I installed the the two new relays, and left the other two wires in the 3 prong plug, and plugged it back into the other end of the auxiliary relay. I need to stop today at parts house; need a new test light anyway, and check it this afternoon or evening. should I check BOTH ends, or just where the orange/black hooks to the relay?

9 hours ago, Seafoam65 said:

Check it at the relay first and then go from there......should only have volts with the key turned to run.

Well, for whatever reason, it's WORKING. Turn the ignition switch off, and bam visors close. I can turn off the lights and have the visors open now, so headlight replacement will be easier. May have been loose back at the trans connector or something; I push on the wires a little. Either way, it's apparently solved. Thanks for all your help, Winston, I think I am in business.

2 minutes ago, Seafoam65 said:

I would be of the opinion that your new relay was sticking, maybe from sitting around too long without being used,

maybe from being a crappy relay.

Good possibility, and by the time I got through Sunday doing the job, I was soaked with sweat in my garage, so I may not have properly checked them either. I was thinking it was shower and Miller time by then, lol.