Help? Tune-ups '64 Ford 170 engine

The specs for the car engines are: Fireing order: 1-5-3-6-2-4; Spark Plug Gap: .032" - .036"; Ignition Timing: (Auto Trans) 12 Deg BTDC (Std) 6 Deg BTDC; Point Gap: .024" - .026". Need anything else?? Good Luck.

I had one of these in my Falcon in graduate school. I used it on Iowa highways a great deal. As prolnged Interstate travel was not exactly this drivetrain's forte, I had to tune the %$#* thing constantly, and in about 30K miles I put at least 6 or 7 sets of points in it.<P>In a boat, where this engine is probably going to spend much of it's time at a constant/high rpm, it will be important to use the best points & plaugs you can find for fit. My experience was that the Champion 860's (or was it 870's?, I forget now exactly which one) outlasted all the other brands, including Motorcraft. Even more difference was seen in point longevity. The Borg-Warner brand points seemed to make a hotter and/or more consistent spark, and outlasted all the other brands I used by at least 50% and usually more. <P>After a while, I never bought anything else for the car.