Need help decoding my data plate

macc

I don't know where the 113 comes from (if it's 11B it was built the 2nd week of November 1962 - 1963 production year-) but the 63-4747 is the year and model number for a '63 Riviera. The FB number is the sequence number - 8,239 out of 40,000.

728 is the trim code for Silver leather

AA is paint code Regal black

J2 is the code for power seats

D = radio - it won't tell you what kind, only that there's a provision for it - probably a rear speaker was installed at Fisher body

I (not 1) 6 is the window tint - all windows, not just the windshield

N2 is the a/c

S is the power mirrors

and U8 is the power window (both door and vent I believe. U6 is power windows, U7 is power vents, U8 is both)

The data plate does not tell you what options were added during final assembly. The data plate is only for the back half built at Fisher body. Tilt, cruise, four note horns, etc. could be additional options that you have but will not appear on the data plate.

Jim Cannon will want to add this info plus more to his '63 data base.

Ed

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

Thanks a lot! Now that I look at it again it could be a 11B ill have to clean it up a bit. Ok yep those are all the options I have on my car. Plus the rear speaker and tilt wheel. Also I heard there was an option for rear seat door handles my car is equipped with them. Or is that normal for every car?

Thanks a lot! Now that I look at it again it could be a 11B ill have to clean it up a bit. Ok yep those are all the options I have on my car. Plus the rear speaker and tilt wheel. Also I heard there was an option for rear seat door handles my car is equipped with them. Or is that normal for every car?

Wow, great color combination. The dual door handles are part of the custom interior option. So, not all cars had them, just cars ordered with the upgraded interior trim.

Tom Mooney

Plus the rear speaker and tilt wheel. Also I heard there was an option for rear seat door handles my car is equipped with them. Or is that normal for every car?

Because of the heater and a/c controls, the '63 Rivieras had only one speaker, in the rear between the seats. If you got yourself a radio, you got yourself a rear speaker. Nothing in the front. There were five different radio options, AM, AM with elec. antenna, AM Wonderbar (signal seeking), AM Wonderbar with electric antenna, and AM/FM with electric antenna. The only other option was a radio delete.

The tilt wheel is an example of a front end option which doesn't show up on the data plate.

Send me a PM with your email address and I'll post a picture of the window sticker from my '63. Pretty well loaded with most every options except the rear window defogger.

If you're not a member of the ROA yet, check it out through the link in my signature. All the questions you had about your data plate are covered there.

Ed