1990 Select Sixty

Barney Eaton

Regarding the Acme top: the price may be right, but the product is likely to disappoint you. It is vinyl (as factory) but has a plastic rear window sans defroster. The factory top has a glass rear window with defrost standard. At the price these tops are offered at, I question both the quality of the material and the fit. The last thing you want is to restore the car and then skimp on the top. Especially with a select 60.

I have postponed the new top on my 91 'vert until funds are available to do it right (and the top will be roughly $900, but I'm doing cloth, not vinyl, with a glass rear window with defroster).

If no major crises beset me before spring it will get ordered in the next few months. Going with an EZ-ON as they are regarded as the standard of quality for convertible tops. Yes, the price reflects that but it is worth it.

KDirk

Guest my3buicks

Never skimp on a cheap top, better to pay once than pay again when you are disatisfied with an inferior product. I personally like EZ-ON tops but prefer Electron tops.

I found a site that sells the ez top with glass heated rear window for 550.

My local upholstery shop guy says 450 for the install. $50 an hour times 9 hours book rate.

I know you guys are going to say it's on the low-end.

But Is that I too good to be too true price?

Also I'm reading a lot about an optional fifth covered bow. There is no extra cost for this what is it and do I need it?

Regarding the Acme top: the price may be right, but the product is likely to disappoint you. It is vinyl (as factory) but has a plastic rear window sans defroster. The factory top has a glass rear window with defrost standard. At the price these tops are offered at, I question both the quality of the material and the fit. The last thing you want is to restore the car and then skimp on the top. Especially with a select 60.

I have postponed the new top on my 91 'vert until funds are available to do it right (and the top will be roughly $900, but I'm doing cloth, not vinyl, with a glass rear window with defroster).

If no major crises beset me before spring it will get ordered in the next few months. Going with an EZ-ON as they are regarded as the standard of quality for convertible tops. Yes, the price reflects that but it is worth it.

KDirk