S.als 22/23 coupe

Guest southernal

Guest southernal

post-102037-143142706564_thumb.jpg

this is my new (old project ) ... 22/23 dodge bros coupe .. it is missing the 'upe' if I can find a trunk lid, and a list of body measurements, I reckon I can build the rest ive have located a gas tank in great condition.. next step is to rebuild the floor. finally buying the sheet early next week ....

this old girl has a 22 hood, but very limited on internal wood and has been suggested shes a 23. sold to me as a 22 ..

Al

post-102037-143142706512_thumb.jpg

post-102037-14314270654_thumb.jpg

Welcome Al! Looks like a good start. I believe the wood content may depend on who made the body. The Budd bodies (built in U.S.) were all steel with exception of floor boards. In some export markets (Australia) the bodies were made locally and so construction was different. I found this link:

http://forums.aaca.org/f143/australian-dodges-history-268816.html

Guest southernal

Mike there is some excellent info there, and will take some time to get through ... my old girl , has wood around the doors, looking at it I think more for tacking the upholstery to, as the doors seem solid enough without the wood seem to have an internal frame -- no outer skin tacked to a wooden frame . and 1 stick that seems to run the length of the "A" pillar. Other than the frame for the top that's it ,, will post a pic here later today .... Al

Guest southernal
post-102037-143142712615_thumb.jpg picture of the only wood frame work other door is the same , but nothing down the A pillar. only other wood are remnants of the roof.