A letter from the Truck sales man

Guest GeorgeM

Guest GeorgeM

I have a letter from T Pryde Fleet & Truck Manager written in July 27 1961 to the local Implement dealer wanting him to sell Studebaker Trucks to the farmers . The letter came from the Hamilton office . My dad had bought a 1941 half ton new .It was a great truck .Would start at -20 F sitting out in the cold .Once we went to Edomnton on a dusty dirt road 350 miles away and my brother and I sat in the box all the way and back as mom and dad sat in the front .With the shortage of things during the war it was used as an ambulance ,hearse, hauled grain and livestock .Then he bought a 1948 half ton and later got a 3 ton ,all good trucks

Dads cousin sold Studebakers for 25 years till 1950 in Kilim Alberta .He would come to our place every year wanting dad to buy a car . I remember him talking about some of the big cars he sold .

Welcome to AACA forum !!

Most interesting !!

We'd like to see a copy of that lettter !!

Studebakers where sent to USSR to help their fight against the NAZIs.

The Russians put the famous Katyusha rocket launcher on Studebaker trucks

The USSR thought so much of the Studebaker truck, they cloned it and produced it for many years after the war.

the photo shows Studebaker with Katyusha rockets at 1945 Victory parade in Moscow Russia USSR

post-69184-143142656042_thumb.jpg

Edited by bhambulldog (see edit history)

Guest GeorgeM

I live close to the Alaska Hi way mile 0 where there were a lot of 6x6 Studebaker trucks use on the construction . The American army didn't want to have them in the armyas it would cause a Parts problem but the Studebaker truck was the best of the army trucks . Very nice half ton .All the one we owned had black fenders .My cousin still has our 48 truck .