changing from 1989 to 1990 rear speaker mount?[i tried searching]

handmedownreatta

Need to pull rear interior quarter trim (upper first, then lower) to get at these. It is a worthwhile upgrade though as the 6x9's give much better sound reinforcement. Very few 6.5" drivers can approach the same low end response. I would suggest a triaxial 6x9 as otherwise the presence (midrange) tends to be a bit weak.

KDirk

6x9's only seem to produce better sound at low volume. A round speaker distorts at much higher volume than a oval speaker. If you are not running an amp go with the oval speakers if you are going for high volume high quality forget oval speakers.

I may as well add the reasoning so I don't have to latter. The further out portion of an oval speaker always moves slower than the shorter portion. This means it is nearly impossible to over come the distortion at high volumes. Juspost-49927-143142651917_thumb.jpg

post-49927-143142651895_thumb.jpg

Edited by D-a-n-i-e-l (see edit history)

Daniel raises a very good point. I probably should have mentioned that the 6x9 drivers are better with the stock amp only. If going with high performance aftermarket amps, stick with round woofers and add a proper sub. But then, guess I sort of assumed such advice was self evident. I need to stop doing that.

KDirk