Attn. JC: '63 mid year changes

RivNut

Jim,

As I am tearing my '64 apart for paint, I removed the turn signal / parking lamp housings (two distinct parking lamps and one directional lamp) and found that someone has done some creative re-wiring. I thought that I had a couple of more '64 housings at home but discovered that they were '63 housings ( one distinct park lamp and a combo park lamp/turn signal.) When I was at Matt's shop today and was telling him about them he told me that his customers '63 has the two distinct parking lamps and one turn signal - like the '64's. The FB number on this car is up around 35,000 and was built 05D. The laminated wiring diagram that I got for the '63 shows the two parking lamps and one turn signal lamp.

Is it a possibility that this was one of the mid year changes made on the '63's?

Attached are pictures of the two types of housings

Ed

post-50017-143142427778_thumb.jpg

post-50017-143142427771_thumb.jpg

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

Jim,

The only ones I have at home that I can look at right now are the ones from a '63. They have a single bulb in the upper part of the housing like the one on the left in the picture in post #1. The part numbers cast into those housings are: RH 595420 2, and LH 595420 1.

I'll get the others for you in a few days - as soon as I unearth them at the shop.

Ed