Antenna and Battery

vektro

My antenna (non-power) on my 1965 Riviera is bent. I have removed it and am just wondering what replacement others have used. Seems to be several options. Maybe someone has found one that is a good fit. I don't have to have an original. Also battery seems a bit small, so thinking of replacing it, too. I have read that 27f is the size for a 65, so I can have the positive on the inside. Any good recommendations ? Thanks!

A Delco "topper" is made for the group 24 battery. If you want your battery to look factory, you can mount this topper on most Group 24 batteries. The height and width are the same, the length is a inch or so shorter. The Group 24 also has a higher CCA rating. I always thought bigger was better but apparently not in the case of car batteries. The Group 24 might be worth consideration depending on what your objectives are.

http://www.batterytoppers.com/products/

Ed

• 1 month later...
Guest rusty_bucket

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but I happen to be -attempting- to remove the antenna from my 65 today and it doesn't seem to want to move. I've removed the access panel and removed the antenna cable. There was no bolt in the pinch clamp but the antenna won't move. It does wiggle up and down a little along with the outer chrome trim piece. Is there a trick to getting the antenna to slide down and out?

Guest rusty_bucket

I did eventually. You have to pull the antenna down a little so that the grounding clip is released and the spring clip can pull out enough so the antenna can then be pulled the rest of the way down. It's a bit of a jigsaw puzzle under there but I was able to get everything apart....also, a big shot of PB Blaster helped loosen things up I think.