Ferrari

Guest Dan Ogle

Guest Dan Ogle

Wife didn't feel like cooking tonight,so we went to a little burger stand on the south side of town .Placed our order,and waited.While waiting a late model P/U truck pulled up across from us,with a family,after about 20 min. had gone by the husband,about mid 40's came up and asked what year Ferrari and model we had.(he had pulled up across from the left side so he could not see the front or rear..) I just looked at him and grinned,and told him that it wasn't a Ferrari,but was a 91 Buick Reatta. He then asked me if Ferrari had made it for Buick,and was shocked when I gave him a history lesson,He had no idea that Buick had ever made a car like the Reatta.Made me feel good.

I drove the 90 convertible to the local supermarket and was decended on by a group of elderly ladies from the local extended care facility who wanted to know what kind of car I had. Far be it from me to pass up a chance at BS so I replied that it was a Maserati Lamborgini Dino! After all the ooohs and aaahs I spent the next 30 minutes giving all fourteen ladies individual laps each around the rather large parking lot! Each and every one of them giggled and cooed and it really made their day....and it definitely made mine!!!

Guest Corvanti

unless y'all have some great exhaust systems, i would think the folks saw them parked - with the engine off!!!:P

another reason to get them to multi-make car shows! spread the "word".:)

Guest Dan Ogle

Well I stated I was parked,and as for sound,the exhaust isn't stock.My point was it amaze's me that there are folks that have never heard of or seen a Buick Reatta.I'am 67 years old, and I have seen a total of 3 in my life,one in 88 when they first came out,the one I own, and one other in town. They are not an everyday sight ,like a Mustang,Corvette,or Camaro.,and as a matter of fact I have seen more Ferrairs,than Reatts.

Guest Corvanti
I used to drive a 1983 Ferrari 308 and it really wasn't any or much louder than the Reatta

Keith, i didn't say "louder", just different - maybe a "deeper" tone (?). it could be that someone between '89 & '12 (when i purchased my Reatta), put a quieter muffler on her. but from what i've read here and elsewhere, Buick made them that way... it sounds more like my daughter's '05 Caddy CTS V6. not close to '99 Firebird 3.8L i have, or the '88 Beretta GT V6 i had earlier...:)

EDIT: i was mainly responding about the post taking the "ol' ladies" around the lot (in jest). they may have not to be able to hear it anyway... no harm meant!

Edited by Corvanti
add'l info (see edit history)