'35 Dictator Wiper Blade Wanted

Guest Mark Vail

Guest Mark Vail

I am looking to buy a replacement Trico 5-1/2" wiper blade for my '35 Dictator. Studebaker part#1337X2W according to the Master Body Parts Catalog. I've already tried Studebaker International and wiperman.com with no luck. SI shows it in their catalog but they don't have them anymore. Any help would be appreciated. I only need one as the car has only one wiper.

Thanks,

Mark Vail

How about a longer blade and a fine-tooth hacksaw?

Also, try John Boschetti, who specializes in pre-1966 wipers. He's in Mass., phone is sebn ate won - niner won tree - tree for niner niner (mobile).

Guest Mark Vail
How about a longer blade and a fine-tooth hacksaw?

Also, try John Boschetti, who specializes in pre-1966 wipers. He's in Mass., phone is sebn ate won - niner won tree - tree for niner niner (mobile).

First, I have to fess up to giving some inaccurate info in my OP. The blade I'm looking to replace measures 8-1/4", not 5-1/2". Sorry about that.

Thanks, Gary, for the lead. I will follow up.

While Mr. Ficken (wiperman.com) didn't have the blade, he did send me the below catalog page showing the Trico part number to be P-778-8"C. Should have included this in my OP. Don't know why I didn't. (attachment is upside down. sorry. don't know why. it shows in my preview here. don't have time to figure out what's wrong.)

I have a blade that fits but the rubber is shot. Figured finding a replacement blade would be easier than rubber only. Boy, was I wrong. I bought a good used blade off ebay. Seller had no part number or box, etc. The length was right. The hook was identical. The price was right. So I took a chance. The "new" one hooks to the arm just fine, but the fit is sloppy. The metal on the blade is thinner and the rubber isn't as thick or as "tall" (fewer ribs) than what I have. Thought about trying to swap out the rubber inserts but not sure if I'd succeed. Might just stick with what I have and buy a bottle of Rain-X in case I get caught out in the rain. Just wanted it to be "right." But this is proving to be too much of a hassle for me, frankly. Still, if anyone has one for sale that they know will fit snugly, please let me know.

Thanks,

Mark

[ATTACH=CONFIG]235665[/ATTACH]

Edited by Mark Vail (see edit history)

Guest Mark Vail
Try Mac's Ford parts. They have wiper blades and the ones I got for my 37 were identical to my originals except looked great. Don't know about 35s.

Thanks. Just went to the website. The one they show for 32-39 Fords looks very similar to mine. Looks can be deceiving as I have learned in the past, however. But for $2.50 plus shipping, I'm willing to roll the dice. Will let you know how it turns out. Thanks again.