Could someone post the article "Torque Ball Repair" from the Buick Bugle - Dec. 2009?

Guest roadmaster56

Guest roadmaster56

I have searched the forum, but have not found the article on "Torque Ball Repair from the Buick Bugle, Dec 2009. It seems it is the only issue I'm missing for that year in my library.

I'm about to repair the leaking torque ball on my 50 Super and it would be very helpful if someone could post the article.

Thanks,

David in Santa Cruz.

I wrote that article...please note I was in error about the spring and seal at the front of the prop shaft. Buick stopped using it after 1952, so I added one where it didn't need it. I have since taken it back out. Additionally, check the seal surface on the propeller shaft; mine was quite grooved and needed a sleeve that I had my machine shop install.

Guest Rob McDonald

Thanks to Roberta for making this easy to access. And thanks especially for Aaron for not only writing the article but also providing a helpful correction. This good advice applies generally to many years of Buick. Although I have recently replaced the torque ball seals in my '57, I have the feeling that's not the last time I'll have occasion to pull out the torque tube. I'm told the danged things have two ends...