1954 2 dr Capri, cream, best offer

This car has been left to me by me grandfather. It is in great condition, with only 58, 092 original miles on it. <BR>I need to sell it because I do not have the space, and am not a collector myself.<BR> shocked.gif" border="0 <B>original miles</B>

peterg -<BR>This is a perfect example of a growing number of useless ads placed on the DF. I thought that this kind of clueless post was going to be monitored. confused.gif" border="0

Ted,<BR> You know darned well the driveway into Rite-Aid causes the beaver tail trailer to hang up because it's just a little too steep. That's why I chose Long's. Actually, I wish I had chosen Rite-Aid because of it being a national chain; that would be somewhat more vague than Long's which is only a regional chain. <P> Tom

Tom -<BR>Of course it's street legal - the odometer reads 58K ORIGINAL MILES! I wonder if the odometer works. Who in the #%&$ are Tim and Fonty Flock? Are they related Fanny Flock? <BR> wink.gif" border="0

This is really getting spooky! Since entering my last post on this thread, Ted Schneider apparently stayed on the site and posted his 500th post. I on the other hand, went out for my daily 2 mile walk. Nuthin spooky about that right? right! When I returned home the January issue of MOTOR TREND & HOT ROD magazines had been delivered. On pages 6 & 7 of HOT ROD was a feature on the Pan American Road Race showing no less than 5 pictures of '54 Lincolns. I'm thinking the picture at the lower right corner of # 69 on the flat bed truck is the one we have been joshin about.Then if you go to MOTOR TREND on page 2&3 there is a Goodyear ad showing Fonty Flock in a late '30s Ford jalopy. His picture was taken nearly 50 years ago.<P> I don't know about any one else out there; but I haven't thought about the Flock brothers or Lincoln race cars more than a couple times in the last 20-30 years until this silly thread got started.<BR>Is this an omen? Will the phantom seller really show up at Long's Drug Store parking lot? Will we be able to strike a mutually satisfactory deal? Stay tuned. <P> Ted I can't tell you too much about Tim & Fonty Flock except they were early stock car racers in the era of Bill France and other pioneers of what is now known as NASCAR. I am not a racing fan by anyone's standard. I scared the hell out of myself just after my 17th birthday and never saw 100mph since.<P> Tom

When these stock car dudes were in their hayday I was attending all the SCCA events that I could around SoCal. FYI, I got my first 100 mph experience when I borrowed my next door neighbor's '55 Chev. Loved it, but his little daughter had come down with the chicken pox the day before - you don't have to guess what happend! Damnest case of 100 mph chicken pox you ever saw! shocked.gif" border="0

Here's a suggestion: Why not remodel the buy/sell section to a form format, so that users will be more likely to provide the contact information? Ebay provides a good example on its Ebay Motors area, but I would like to see you maintain a free-form area in addition to the basic information. The ability to post a picture would also improve the site.

PLEASE! Don't model anything after eBay MOTORS! That orphan child of eBay is a mess. eBay was running along just fine before the nit wits came up with MOTORS. All the real collector car & motorcycle people list on the CORE eBay site. Collectables: Transportation: Automobila is where the real deal is. NOBODY lists collectors car or motorcycle parts on the eBay MOTORS used car lot.