BCA judging awards

old-tank

I am in the process of selling some or all of the old iron (see cars in my signature). I started off by offering the convertible: http://forums.aaca.org/f117/1955-buick-century-convertible-364805.html

I have been asked a question by a potential buyer that some of you may be able to help with: How are existing BCA judging awards handled when the car is sold? This car attained a Gold/Senior in 1997 and Senior Preservation in 2004. I am aware that VIN numbers are required for judging, so that is probably saved to a file. Can the new owner campaign the car again in BCA judging? Does a Senior award expire?

Other than local shows (killing chevies) it has not been campaigned (AACA).

Willie

Hi Willie

I think I can help with your questions. Theoretically, the BCA judging awards stay with the car. The BCA awards do not expire, and the new owner is free to "campaign" the car, entering it in BCA judged meets. The Gold, Senior, and Senior Preservation awards would continue to be attached to the car and its VIN if it is sold. Please convey the information on your awards won to the new owner so he/she knows and can list those on registration forms for future BCA meets.

Let me know if you have additional questions.

Thank you!

Alan D. Oldfield

BCA National Chief Judge