Need 28 - Big 6 - Intake Assy/ exhaust heat riser, iar cleaner, see pic

Guest 28_Stude_Rick

Guest 28_Stude_Rick

Hi guys, need your help in locating a what I call a air cleaner/ heat riser/ exhaust assy.

I have included a shop manual picture of the unit. I really need the cast part that goes in-line with the exhaust; I can make up the tubes and the air cleaner stuff.

It is for a late 27 EW, Big Six

post-44025-143142302464_thumb.jpg

Guest 28_Stude_Rick

I thought by including a picture of the complete assy I was pretty clear but basically I need the cast iron piece that goes between the exhaust manifold flange and the then connects to the exhaust pipe. It also has a air cleaner or breather on the top that has a pipe going into the top of the cast iron casting and to the right it has another pipe that goes into the carb. The item numbers are "O" and "S" and "M". I could start with any or all of the parts of this "Air cleaner, heat riser assy". I can't find anything that discribes it, nor any reference to it in my parts book so I must rely on this picture and the help from members of this forum. If I need to be asking somewhere else please let me know. I am hoping to have this car on the road in the spring and to the annual show in South Bend in 2014. I would like for it to correct.

• 2 months later...
Guest 28_Stude_Rick
Hi guys, need your help in locating a what I call a air cleaner/ heat riser/ exhaust assy.

It is for a late 27 EW, Big Six

Kinda Thought I might get a better response or any kind of response after 3 months being posted.

Are there really NONE of these our there hanging on an old engine in a barn or scrap yard?

This car has everything original and would love to have this part to keep it that way.

These are the part numbers for the parts you need:

O 112571 air heater

S 112572 air cleaner

M 112573 air heater pipe

The air cleaner and air heater pipe are specific to the Big 6. They are different for the Special 6. The air heater is common to both.

Hope this helps.

Terry