1955 buick roadmaster

Guest LWilson

Guest LWilson

Hi everyone, Newbie here, I am trying to locate the circuit breaker that carries the load for the relay for the power windows and power seat. I have located the relay on the drivers side inner kick panel. I also need a replacement part # for it. I have not found the circuit breaker and was hoping someone could save me some time hunting?? thanks in advance

Guest Commodore

Well, the part number is suppose to be 4634948. It is used in lots of GM cars including Chevy. So it is available. Here is a photo.

P1000273-1024x768.jpg

Guest LWilson
Well, the part number is suppose to be 4634948. It is used in lots of GM cars including Chevy. So it is available. Here is a photo.

P1000273-1024x768.jpg

I suspected it was that style but can't seem to locate it....

• 1 month later...
Guest LWilson
You have found where its located ? Its screwed onto the A pillar on driver side on height of the upper door hinge.

Yes, I have everything working good now on the electrical side. I'm still having door latching issues. First stage of latch works second stage is hit/miss takes a slam, which I don't care for. I hope to get time to look deeper. I welcome any suggestions as I guess I'm not the first with that problem.

Guest LWilson
Lite lubricant and/or adjust the strike plate......................Bob

Strike plates were loose, got everything in working order except speedometer and headlight switch. The dash light portion of the switch is bad the pot spring has failed. Speedometer is dragging and jumping. Any thoughts on sourcing a switch and Who's the right shop for speedometer repair? thanks for all the help everyone

Guest LWilson
Hi,

On your speedometer problem have you pulled, cleaned, and lubed the cable? That may be your only problem.

kaycee

Yes I have it was in very good shape showed no visual and felt good. I pulled it flushed the housing and sprayed zep through it and cleaned the cable with zep and assembled with lubriplate.