Stainless Exhaust

D-a-n-i-e-l

Any one have experience with welding stainless exhaust?

Also even a longer shot, anyone know of a place near Honolulu that regularly does stainless exhaust?

I guess it is not normal here to use stainless. I would have thought it would be almost common practice as everything rusts here in a very short time.

I have done repair on stainless catylitic converters using standard welding wire in a wire feed welder. It does fine but will rust. You can buy stainless wire that will make the weld look better and will not rust.

Guest Twisted Wrench

I don't know about any shops in Honolulu but I do live in the rusty northeast and am familiar with stainless exhaust. If you wanted to go the route of building it yourself you can get all the various straight and pre-bent pieces of stainless pipe that you could ever want from performance parts supplier like Summit Racing. They sell virtually every size, length and pre bent angle peices you could ever need to mock up your system. Then as Barney said, weld with stainless wire with a MIG. I have even seen people TIG the pieces together, smooth it out, and buff the weld away to one continuous mirror polished pipe.