Question about 1970 Wheel Covers

Guest DRM500RUBYZR1

Guest DRM500RUBYZR1

Does anyone know with certainty, if the center emblem from the cap from a road wheel is the same one used on the finned wheel covers on a 1970?

i cannot imagine Buick making different but similar ones for both wheel options, but stranger things have happened.

My wheel covers are packed away and if someone knows the answer it would save me a trip to storage.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Not absolutely certain Marty, but I think the '69-'70 full size wheel covers (hubcaps), are the same, and the wheel cover plastic centres are slightly larger than the chrome road wheel plastic centre cap insert.

I do have a full set of NOS '69 wheel covers squirreled away in the garage, and can do a comparison for you, but it's -10C here right now.

Guest DRM500RUBYZR1

Thanks Randy, but certainly do not bother to go check given the weather.

Perhaps a different question instead.

Does anyone know a source for new black center center emblems for the 69/70 finned wheel covers?

The ones on my car have faded and I would like to find new replacements.

Thanks again for your help!

I have three unidentified Riviera wheel covers with good centers in them. (They were on a '63 I bought for parts but I know they're not for a '63; I'm thinking late 60s'.) I

If you can post a picture of what you have and measure the center cap, I'll compare it to what I have and see if the ones I have might be something you could use.

Guest DRM500RUBYZR1

Thanks to all for the help offered and knowledge shared.

it is very much appreciated.

i suspected that the center medallions may be larger than the ones on the road wheels.

it will be some time before I get the box out of storage that has the hubcaps inside.

Two of mine are fine, while the others are faded.

Since I just installed the complete road wheel package for the first time in 43 years, perhaps I will leave them on for a bit with the half skirts and enjoy the change for a bit.

Meanwhile i will continue to look for a source for new center medallions.

i want to experiment with both sets of skirts with both sets of wheels to see what looks best.

I already miss the hubcaps and full skirts, although the halfs with road wheels really changed the entire look of the car.

Thanks again to all!

Marty,

I have just had a member send me a picture of what I "think" you are looking for, but I am not sure? If you can find a picture on the internet somewhere maybe and post it here or send it to me I will know for sure and I can put him in contact with you if you would like.

Let me know,