So! What is it?

TNtc

I had seen where all the Italian Cars and Bikes were getting together at the Maserati dealership in Nashville, TN. I thought I would call and see if I would be allowed to come in the TC. I thought it would be fun to go and see all the other cars. I was told to contact another person by email. I did so. I was told that it was a closed event (club members only) which was fine with me. But then he took it a step further. This is what he wrote.

"In answer to your particular car, it is badged as a Chrysler, regardless of where it was made and is considered an American Marque car. Just like a Chrysler Crossfire which was made by Mercedes in Germany on a SLK chassis. I have folks that want to be included in German events with that car but it is still badged as a Chrysler. Both of these cars are America Marque cars."

I responded with the following

"How ever I will have to kindly take odds with you on the TC. It was not a Chrysler made in Italy. It was a joint adventure between the two car companies with joint logos and names. Only 300 hundred Chrysler dealers were authorized to sell the car. Just like all Audi dealers are not authorized to market or certified to work on the R8. The TC can not be thrown into the same boat as the Cadillac Allante. Cadillac had an Italian company make the body this is the same as the Crossfire, but it was not a joint adventure to make a car. The car is not a Chrysler nor is it a Maserati. It is in fact a Chrysler by Maserati. Insured, Licensed and referred to as such. I have included a photo of the Manufacture plate and front logo. To deny nor to recognize it does not make it less of what it truly is. Two companies that created a "Red Headed Step Child"

By the way this car put a big strain on the friendship between Lee Iacocca and Alejandro De Tomaso."

Oh Well, I feel better now that I got that off my chest.