1990 TC For Sale in Ohio ($4500)

Guest TCDave

Guest TCDave

Pardon me if I do this wrong....1st time here!

Doing this for my uncle (he does not use internet).

He has a 1990 TC he would like to sell. My hope is someone here may be interested!

The car is located in Central part of the state, near Utica, Ohio.

I have listed the car on Craigslist in Columbus, Ohio and hope that this "link" will take you to the advert.

http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/4106265994.html

Hope that worked! I'll try and put a picture up here as well.

Thank you for your consideration and patience...feel free to contact me with any questions you may have. post-96817-143142217821_thumb.jpg

Guest TCDave

My aunt is not real happy about this one...my uncle is a "car guy" that would like to see this go to home of a collector.

Somebody make an offer please! Uncle would like to move back to house before winter instead of sleeping in the garage! LOL

My aunt is not real happy about this one...my uncle is a "car guy" that would like to see this go to home of a collector.

Somebody make an offer please! Uncle would like to move back to house before winter instead of sleeping in the garage! LOL

TCDave,

Hate to see your uncle winter in the garage, but it might be the best place for him. This is not the best time of the year to sell any convertible, you are certainly in the wrong part of the country to sell one this time of the year and with 20 dealer owned TC's listed on carsforsale.com, 3 private sellers looking to move 5 cars on Ebay, you have a lot of competition for the fall and winter market.

Who knows if the threatened 2014 TD will really happen next year, if it does the interest in the TC will increase considerably and the flooded market could experience an instant and severe drought. That, or we will have a new chapter in the orphan car club.

Find a good place for your uncle to winter, get lots of out door TC pictures while you still have green leaves on the trees and wait till end of Feb. first part of March to start marketing the collectible convertible to the winter weary and if the TD isn't a bust, $4,500 could be half as much again, or double, six months from now.

Best of luck to you.

Guest TCDave

Digger,

Agree ...not the best time to sell with winter coming. Uncle would really like to have the space in garage for something else so if somebody has the room jump on it now for $3,500!

How's that for incentive? If it's still around in the spring the price will go back up! I would take it but ....too many projects in my garage this winter.

• 3 weeks later...

To "Bill" that contacted me from here:

Info and photos you requested "bounced back" ...please re-send you email address.

Yes....the car is still for sale.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick "FYI" : If you have a TC for sale on here and are contacted by a "Bill Platt" be careful. It's a scam!

Sent pictures of a car he wanted to "trade" for the TC. When I asked for a vin# what I got was not even close to real.

Evidently he looks closely at things in background of "your" pic's and then offers an elaborate "trade" that is, quite frankly, to good to be true.

He spotted an MG TF in background of my ad. Wanted me to wire him $3k (western union) and he would have his "guy" deliver a beautiful (from pic's) TF to me and pick up the TC.

The pic's taken off the internet of the MG were of a friend of mine's car!

Born at night ....not last night!

David