37 President Rear Engine Mount

RPAust1

post-50132-143142199971_thumb.jpg

Attached is a photo of what I believe are the component parts for a 37 President rear engine mounting, There are 3 washers in the centre and I don't know exactly where they fit on the bolt or their position in relation to the cross member. Could somebody please advise, thank you, Rod

Unless the '37 changed from the '36, those parts are not from the rear engine mount. The '36 President used two long, maybe 5/8" diameter bolts that ran through passages at the rear of the bell housing and threaded into steel-core molded rubber mounts that were bolted to the front crossmember.

Unless the '37 changed from the '36, those parts are not from the rear engine mount. The '36 President used two long, maybe 5/8" diameter bolts that ran through passages at the rear of the bell housing and threaded into steel-core molded rubber mounts that were bolted to the front crossmember.

There is a steel core bush that runs thru the rubber parts that is not shown, what I am trying to ascertain is where on the bolt goes the 3 washers. 2 of the washers have the centre hole diameter that permits it only to go on the bolt not where the steel core bush fits but what goes where.

The washer with the large diameter hole either fits above or below the cross member, but I am not sure which ?

This mount looks just like the front mount on my 41. I am pretty sure that large diameter thin washer is supposed to be bonded on the smaller rubber mount. Did that come off the old mount? If so the new one might already have that washer embedded in the rubber. I don't remember how I figured out how to put my motor mount sandwich together but I am pretty sure I followed a picture in the parts book. Here is a link to a photo I took before I put the mounts back on the engine:

http://stude.vonadatech.com/images/Engine%20Pull/VT_20090509_3723.JPG.

Nathan

There is a steel core bush that runs thru the rubber parts that is not shown, what I am trying to ascertain is where on the bolt goes the 3 washers. 2 of the washers have the centre hole diameter that permits it only to go on the bolt not where the steel core bush fits but what goes where.

The washer with the large diameter hole either fits above or below the cross member, but I am not sure which ?

The Studebaker 1929-40 eight cyl parts catalog page 8 Group A-7 shows the following rear engine mount part numbers for 3C model:

Qty Pt # Descr

2 195801 Cushion Upper steel & rubber

2 180437 Cushion Lower rubber

2 189241 Washer upper 17/32"

2 41X357 Washer lower 17/32"

2 189251 Bolt, 1/2-20 x 6 1/4"

2 23X5 Castle nut 1/2-20

2 41X357 Washer plain 33/64"

2 6x15 Cotter pin 3/32 x 1"

Stude8

Edited by stude8 (see edit history)