Harrison Radiator - '48?

jeff

Some years ago I pulled a radiator out of a '38 Special parts car. I started to clean it up, pressure test it, etc. when I noticed it is not the same as the one in my '38. (although it certainly was installed in the parts car) The filler neck is not offset like my '38 is. Part number is: 3114744, with 48G also on the tab. (1948??) Anyway, I fixed a leak in the top tank, repaired the rusty section of frame at the bottom, pressure tested to 5 psi, and painted it. Now to find a home for it - any ideas of what it fits?

$100 - Located in Dayton, OH. Can bring to Hershey.

Jeff

Guest 1967buickgs400

Thanks for the link bulldog. Hello Jeff I am interested in the radiator if its in good working condition. Do you think it will fit a 1940 40 series coupe? Thanks Josh.

Well Josh, I will be happy to take a picture or two and add some measurements. Give me your e-mail address and I will send you something. It was in a 40-series, 1938 - but its not quite correct for a '38. The size and mounting were all fine, but the '38 has a filler neck that is offset to the side, while this one has the filler at the top center. You will see what I mean in the pictures.

Jeff

OK, good catch. Someone stuffed this into a '38 (actually, the size and mounting is the same as a '38), in spite of the center fill. It must have been very difficult to access the radiator, since the filler ends up right under the hood support.

Look further on this site, I think there was a guy who posted Buick parts that he coud bring to Hershey - one of them was a '38 radiator.

Jeff

Looks like this part number lines up with a 1941 40 / 50 series.

From my friend with a Hollander book: Okay...definitive: the number you have indicates the 41 series 40/50. The 48G means nothing according to Hollander and my Flat Rate and Parts number book.<o:p></o:p>