42 chrysler

grain-man

i have a 42 c34 chrysler royal business cpe i'm restoring and need help with the trans i can't get reverse i need someone to call and discuss the trans i don't know if there is a linkage missing the parts and service manual don't show a picture of the hydraulically controlled trans linkage i can get high and low but no reverse 814-827-1782

Reverse is in the same place as in a manual 3 speed transmission. Push the clutch in, move the lever to neutral, pull towards you and then up. Release the clutch and you are in reverse. Your transmission is vacuum shifted between two gears in the forward range. This was changed to hydraulic shift in 1946.

Reverse is in the same place as in a manual 3 speed transmission. Push the clutch in, move the lever to neutral, pull towards you and then up. Release the clutch and you are in reverse. Your transmission is vacuum shifted between two gears in the forward range. This was changed to hydraulic shift in 1946.

DAVE'I DO HAVE A HYDRAULIC TRANS DOES IT HAVE A LINKAGE FROM THE PIVOT AT THE STEERING COLUMN TO THE TRANS LEVER AT THE TRANS IT SHOWS A LINKAGE IN THE BOOK FOR THE VAC OPERATED TRANS BUT THERE ISN'T ANY GOOD PICTURE OF THE LINKAGE ON THE HYD TRANS I'M THINKING I'M MISSING THE LINKAGE FOR REVERSE DO YOU KNOW ANYONE THAT HAS A PARTS CAR I CAN GET THIS LINKAGE FROM ALSO DO YOU KNOW WHERE THE LOCKOUT CABLE ATTACHES ?THANKS BILLG

Maybe you have a transmission from a later car?

CURTIS,YES I KNOW I HAVE A S11 DESOTO TRANS IN THE CAR DON'T KNOW IF IT WAS CHANGED I PURCHASED THIS CAR FROM THE OWNERS ESTATE I KNEW THE ENGINE HAD THE HEAD OFF DUE TO A BURNED VALVE BUT WASN'T AWARE OF ANY TRANS CHANGE I BELIEVE I NEED THE LINKAGE FROM THE PIVOT AT THE STEERING COLUMN TO THE TRANS BUT I ALSO DON'T KNOW WHERE THE LOCKOUT CABLE "USED FOR TOW STARTING GOES ON THE TRANS I HAVE A SIMPLIMATIC HYDRAULICALLY OPERATED TRANS NO VAC SHIFT " THANKS BILLG

Bill,

The lock out and cable is used only in the vacuum shifted transmission. If yours has been changed to a 1946 or later hydraulic transmission their is no connection for the lock out cable.

DAVE, THANKS FOR THE INFO THEN I NEED A LINKAGE FROM THE COLUMN DOWN TO THE OTHER ARM BILLG