Vintage 1967 Brass Plaque: GENE ZIMMERMAN'S AUTOMOBILORAMA

Here is an interesting relic from an obscure South-Central PA attraction- now long gone: Gene Zimmerman was a hotel developer who built a hotel and an antique car museum just off the Pa. Turnpike outside Harrisburg- in Camp Hill, Pa. The museum housed his growing car collection, which reached 350 cars. The museum was a destination for antique auto groups and tours; but its location in a "dry" township made the venture unprofitable. Eventually the complex closed and the museum sat vacant for many years. Today the building is just another office building along the highway- with no reminder of its wonderful, if short-lived, past.

The plaque celebrated the grand opening of the musuem in 1967. It is in excellent condition.

If you have reached the half-century mark, perhaps you visited the museum.

You can add this to your collection for $40 with free shipping. Send me your email address by PM to reserve. Thanks!

post-31547-143142181761_thumb.jpg

That was a great place. I visited several times as the mother of one of my friends worked there and she would get us free passes to it. That was back in 1968-70. His mother also got him a 1970 Plymouth Duster 340, orange with black top, 4 speed and rear spoiler for his high school graduation present. I always thought he had the best mom in the world!!

Terry