1915 Studebaker Parts

Guest marekia

Guest marekia

Hi I am from the UK and I have a 1915 Studebaker four or SD (anybody know why its called SD) and I have a real problem finding parts, I am on the lookout for a inlet manifold and original carburetor, and any advice of parts sources.

post-96226-143142173737_thumb.jpg

Can't help re parts though I know there are a few cars of that model in NZ, but re the SD designation; the first Studebaker four in that 25 hp series was the 1913 SA. The 1914 was the SC - don't know what happened to SB - the SD followed in 1915 and the 1916 was the SF - again no idea about SE.

The original carburetor is a Schebler Model R side draft. There is no intake as the carburetor bolts directly to the block. They are harder to find than the updraft Model R. (keep posting for parts needed) I've seen some 15 owners use the updraft with a 14 intake pipe but this involves a lot of changes to the controls. Did this car once belong to a doctor in Cornwall? (I'm keeping a list of SD owners) I may be able to help with some other parts. steven.may@sympatico.ca (Canada)

• 1 year later...
Guest mosquito1960

Hi 

I am also in the UK and have what I think are some studebaker parts........  They originally claimed to be Flanders but are not and the person I met believed  they are approx 1914/15 studebaker 4 parts. If they are of use please get in touch ivanhore@hotmail.com

Hi 

I am also in the UK and have what I think are some studebaker parts........  They originally claimed to be Flanders but are not and the person I met believed  they are approx 1914/15 studebaker 4 parts. If they are of use please get in touch ivanhore@hotmail.com

I have an aluminum transmission case which I believe maybe 1913.

Never inventoried my parts from that era yet because of my stroke and getting old.

I also have a 1916 case with the brake mounting studs.

It seems that every year was different

Robert Kapteyn

post-91519-0-51013600-1434938371_thumb.j

Edited by rbk (see edit history)