1926 Buick Fire Engine

Guest cowboydan

Guest cowboydan

hello

I'm new to this forum thing but i have a 1926 Buick Fire Engine and i'm hoping to have some help in locating parts such as the fuel pump and marvel carb rebuild kit any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks Dan

Guest cowboydan

I was always pretty sure that it was mostly custom which is what makes finding lots of the parts difficult. such as the flywheel driven pump for the fire hose, plus it has 33-4.5 front tires and Im pretty sure the master six sedan had 21-4.5 tires. thus the reason i joined and i really appreciate the wealth of knowledge that seems to be on this forum.

Edited by cowboydan (see edit history)

You have raised some questions for me. Are you looking for a replacement pump to get the "fire" part of the truck operating, or just some parts. I am sure the wheels and hubs were not unique and probably fit other vehicles, I do not think the 26 Buick had fender lights, but rather cowl lights, so that is a custom item. But it looks like an interesting vehicle. Now, if you would like to share, someone I know in MA, who specializes in teens and twenties Buicks, is planning a trip to Maine to drop off a chassis and lok at another early 20s Buick for purchase, so he would be able to stop buy and assist you with a review of what you have. I think it best if we communicate on that directly by e-mail at j.scheib@comcast.net John

Guest cowboydan

Thanks John

There are many parts missing for the engine and timing advance. the pump for the hose is there but needs to be rebuilt as well as it currently has a distributor from a 41 willies and most of the linkages for the timing advance and throttle control are missing when it stops down pouring here I can take more photos of these areas, this truck started its life in mass and was bought by the Stratham FD in the fourties and used untill the seventies then it was sold to my grandfather and has since been passed to my father and I, and Im trying to slowly restore it and i know there are many different years of parts on it. Im just looking to have a good running "head turner".

Guest cowboydan

I found the other model tag at my fathers house. looks like ill be playing figure out what parts are from the Buick and what parts are from the GMC.

post-96095-143142178406_thumb.jpg

post-96095-143142178382_thumb.jpg

I have a few other comments on the "fire" part. Is it possible to open a hatch somewhere to get a photos of the pump and the arrangement of the connection to the engine. It does appear that it has what is known as a booster house reel, which would usually have 1" or 3/4" hose on the reel much as a garden hose. It does have what is know as a hose bed, but the pump is probably quite small and would not accommodate larger flat hose which would usually be in the hose bed. There are no larger hose connection indicated, but it could have accommodated laying hose from a hydrant but not able to pump from a hydrant or other water source. But if you are in the fire service, you probably know that. But it is an interesting piece and I hope you know or can find more history details, as to its use in service. It seems also that the fuel system has been modified perhaps to an electric fuel pump, as I am sure the '26 had a vacuum tank. The carb may also be a newer unit, but I am far from expert. I am hope that we can soon get up there to take a look, and I will let you know. John