1947 Lincoln Continental Convertible (White)

I know the color isn't correct, but this car was restored for the road and is one of the best-driving Continentals I've experienced. It [obviously] just finished an extensive tour, where it performed flawlessly throughout, cruising at highway speeds without issue. It started up each morning without hesitation, even when temperatures plunged into the 30s. The finish is actually quite good and the soft off-white is more like that of, say, the 1954 Eldorado than refrigerator white, and it works on the '40s shape. It doesn't seem to have ever been a rusty car and while I don't know who did the work, it was professionally done. The chrome is a combination of original and restored pieces, but nothing stands out as either deteriorated or too new, giving the car a neat all-of-a-piece look.

The brown leather interior was done to the same standards and still looks great, although I'm not sure that the pleated seat pattern is correct for 1947 Continentals. The top and windows work, the gauges are all fully functional, although the radio and clock do not (but you're not surprised by that, are you?). The carpets and door panels were done along with the rest of the interior, and the tan canvas top folds easily and includes a matching brown boot. The plastic bits are quite nice, including the steering wheel and the back seat looks completely untouched. It also includes nice matching floor mats and a fully lined trunk.

The V12 has obviously been extensively and recently serviced, and runs superbly. I've driven only a few of these, but this one is very strong. There are no deviations from stock, but the generator is rebuilt, the carburetor is new, and the ignition system has been completely overhauled. The undercarriage is tidy, but not detailed for show, and portions have been undercoated at some point in the past. I don't believe it was a rusty car, and I can't find obvious seams or patches, although the body mounts by one of the rear tires has been repaired, which shouldn't be a surprise since this area gets soaked with road debris.

A great car if you like to drive and proof that these can be powerful, reliable touring vehicles. Asking $44,900, and we're always open to reasonable offers. Thanks for reading!

post-31138-143142134151_thumb.jpg

post-31138-143142134153_thumb.jpg

post-31138-143142134155_thumb.jpg

post-31138-143142134159_thumb.jpg

post-31138-143142134162_thumb.jpg

post-31138-143142134165_thumb.jpg

post-31138-143142134168_thumb.jpg

post-31138-14314213417_thumb.jpg

post-31138-143142134172_thumb.jpg

post-31138-143142134175_thumb.jpg

post-31138-143142134178_thumb.jpg

post-31138-143142134181_thumb.jpg

WOW !!

Another really neat time-machine. Driving one like this on tour or on the open road is a way of replaying our youth, but resetting it to a gentler time. The bills are paid, kids have graduated Cum Laude, we've just celebrated a milestone anniversary, and all is good with our world - at least that is the way you feel when you are settled into the leather, and easing that big steering wheel around the next curve, between rows of ancient oaks, maples or sequoia. I get that feel with our '41 Caddy cabriolet, and Matt, this one and the blue one seem to evoke the comparable image.

Deserves to go to a home where a true enthusiast will get it out, fold down the top, and enjoy this beautiful country.