1957 Ford Retractable Hardtop

Guest BTseed

Guest BTseed

I have been working and trying to troubleshoot a customers problem with his 1957 Ford Retractable hardtop and I am hitting a block wall on this thing, below is the problem can anyone help with a solution?

In the erect cycle the locks in the rear of the roof continue to run as the rear deck is coming

down. The rear deck then stops and will not go all the way down.

BTseed

Hope you have the 57 Ford manual covering this, absolutely necessary. Sounds like a limit switch problem. The top mechanism goes from one operation to the next by tripping the various limit switches. Sounds like one or more of them is faulty or out of adjustment.

I have been working and trying to troubleshoot a customers problem with his 1957 Ford Retractable hardtop and I am hitting a block wall on this thing, below is the problem can anyone help with a solution?

In the erect cycle the locks in the rear of the roof continue to run as the rear deck is coming

down. The rear deck then stops and will not go all the way down.

BTseed

Could be a circuit breaker. Do you hear a faint click when it stops? Will it work again after a min or two? Probably some adjustments or faulty limit switches. Call Jerry's Classics 800-828-4584 They specialize in Skyliners. They can help you out.

Edited by Amphicar BUYER (see edit history)