taillight stantion

odat

During the stripping process of the 32 we found all the original paint. The good news is it that it matches the color I had already picked for the car. The odd thing that we found was the that the rear light station is chrome plated under the last coat of paint. was this normal or did some cars come with those chrome? Also does anyone make the chrome strips that mount on the kick panel.

During the stripping process of the 32 we found all the original paint. The good news is it that it matches the color I had already picked for the car. The odd thing that we found was the that the rear light station is chrome plated under the last coat of paint. was this normal or did some cars come with those chrome? Also does anyone make the chrome strips that mount on the kick panel.

Steve's right - they were chrome originally.

Are you referring to the trim on the splash aprons? They were chrome plated zinc originally and are often beat up. They're pretty simple to make from 1/2 round brass - shape the points on the ends and drill and tap the backsides for small screws. Then you can chrome plate and they'll be indistinguishable from original. Do you have good ones to copy?

Tom

Yes I do have some of the trim pieces and I may know some one with a machine shop that can help me!!!

I never noticed the chrome stantion before. thanks to all that responded.

So the tail light (or lights as I am adding the right side) will be chrome stantions body colored bucket and chrome ring?

Yes I do have some of the trim pieces and I may know some one with a machine shop that can help me!!!

I never noticed the chrome stantion before. thanks to all that responded.

So the tail light (or lights as I am adding the right side) will be chrome stantions body colored bucket and chrome ring?

Everything should be chrome including the license plate bracket.