1928 GE studebaker engine. please help

Hi, 2 years ago we bought a stude that was supposed to be a goer. We got it home and we found water in the oil. So we found another block, I was pulling it down tonight to rebuild it and it has the same problem only worse. They seem to be very thin in the walls. These two blocks are rusted through where the valve springs sit up in the cavity. Can somebody please help. I would prefer a good engine then some type of repair method. I am located in Australia so would prefer one here, but I am desperate so I am open to any help!

Guest mbw555

Hi, Not sure where you are in Oz but I have a spare block and many parts for a 29 Studebaker Erskine six. I'm near Newcastle.

Hi, Not sure where you are in Oz but I have a spare block and many parts for a 29 Studebaker Erskine six. I'm near Newcastle.
Hi I think the Erskines were different. Could you send me some photo's? I hope I am wrong. Let me know and I will give you my email address. I am near wagga. Newcastle is no problem if the block is good.

The 1927-29 Erskines used engines made by Continental and are totally different than those made by Studebaker. I believe all of the Standard Six and Dictator Six engines from 1926-28 would interchange. That is the models ER, EU and GE. The engine shown in the image below is a 1927 EU.

post-30776-143142005727_thumb.jpg

What about a 29 dictator? There is a guy on long island with an engine for sale. The pictures look the same as mine. I don't want to go to all the cost of shipping it here though and there is some small difference, but it looks identical to me.:confused:

Guest mbw555

Hi again, as per the notes above, the engines in the Erskine were made by continental are different to those made by Studebaker. I wont be back in Newcastle until next weekend to take photos. Regards, Mike

• 1 month later...