Vehicles of the Army Corp of Engineers I need help with and a picture just to look at

Guest cherjak22

Guest cherjak22

Got the information I needed and much appreciate the help - hope you all are enjoying the beginning of summer. I have a couple of new vehicles I need help with and these are not the ordinary vehicles you may be used to seeing. These appeared in a parade in Hancock, MI in 1959. Again, thanks for any help you can provide. The fire truck was in the same group of photos and looks well cared for. jspost-91734-14314196162_thumb.jpg

post-91734-143141961611_thumb.jpg

post-91734-143141961616_thumb.jpg

The fire truck was in the same group of photos and looks well cared for.

I don't think the fire truck is well cared for so much as it is brand new, or nearly so. FWD made that style of truck throughout the 1950s, but I believe that banded grille was introduced in the late 1950s (possibly after 1957).

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

In the event you don't get any results here on the Forum, the US Army Engineer Museum is at Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri. If you contact them, someone there might be able to help you. I haven't been out there in 15 years, but the last I knew retired CSM Glen Stines was working there after he retired from the Army. Sergeant Major Stines was a Vietnam Vet, so if he's still there, he could most likely get you an answer. If he can get a piece of the Ramagden Bridge, he can probably help you if he's still there.

I worked for Sergeant Major Stines back in my early days as a Drill Sergeant..