A long ways to go, but it is a start

Without the engine in the car I had to load it further forward than I wanted to. When you secure a load to a trailer you just need the straps pulling against each other. Plus at the time the trailer did not have any tiedowns on it which also limited what I was doing. But 800 mile round trip and she never thought of moving.

Guest Rob McDonald

CHAD, I don't think you ever confirmed Keiser's guess at the make of this chassis, although photos of the transaxle are a dead giveaway. Cord L29, right?

I love this car's mini-Bugatti Royale proportions. Have you considered chopping the top about two inches?

post-59990-143142205872_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rob McDonald (see edit history)

I had to go back and re-read all the posts on this, Yes Keiser was right, it is an L29 Cord chassis. I have a question from reading lots of posts on this forum, Is Keiser ever wrong???? Not a bad thing as we need knowledgeable people here to help out us idiots! ( of course i maybe the only idiot on here!)

It has been suggested I channel the body down over the frame to help lower it. If this body was an abused rusted rotted wood body that needed everything I would consider it. But back in the day when Auburn built the test mule 2 door brougham they did nothing more than drop and Auburn body on the Cord frame. So that being said and not wanting to extend this project another umpteen years, it is going as is.

• 1 month later...

OK, sorry for the delays but the home computer died while I was away in Auburn over labor day and I did not get in a hurry to fix. but it is fixed now. Hopefully I can recover the data from the old hard drive so I get my pictures back but digress. Spent time last weekend surgically removing the firewall from the body. Cord used a different one than Auburn and I did not want to hack it all up so spent 3+ hours drilling out spot welds and it came out pretty good. The body once again showed how well it was taken care of as the mating surfaces were still bright and shiny bare metal. Was able to drop the block of also to have it bored and sleeved and then will be ready to reassemble the engine. Water pump is still in need of rebuilding as well as the clutch and I have sources for that, just $$$ and mail them off.