36" CITGO Gas Illuminated Sign. FREE IOLA Delivery

I have a CITGO gas station sign for sale. The sign measures 37" x 37" x 6"....so, you have good impact, but the piece isn't so big that it is hard to mount and display. The original manufacturer's information decal is in place on the side. The can construction is mostly very high quality, aluminum.

The white sign face stands out from the brown metal can by about 1-1/2", and the word "CITGO" and the red Citgo logo are raised from the white face. All of this gives the sign a nice 3-D look.

I have just installed a set of four matched 36" GE high output lamps (these were original equipment for this sign). The sign displays very well, and the florescent ballast is quiet. There are some surface scratches on the "CITGO" lexan plastic face. I don't consider any of these major, and would describe them as normal wear for an older outdoor station sign of this kind. None of these scratches can be seen from a short distance away, and none are visible when the sign is illuminated. There are absolutely NO cracks in the plastic CITGO face.

The price is $225. Shipping is a possibility, especially to the midwest states served by SPEE-DEE Delivery Service (they are reasonable).

One final comment: The photo of the sign showing it assembled is courtesy of my friend, Chad R. in Ilinois. My photo of that view didn't turn out, and Chad has allowed me to use his to show the sign I have available. The dark area seen on the CITGO face is only a shadow from the garage door. The face on the sign I'm selling has an even, pure white background throughout, as it should. I'll re-take this shot, as soon as I can. All other photos are of the actual sign I am selling.

Thanks for looking, Gang. Please post or PM, with any questions you have. John in Plover, Wisconsin

[ATTACH=CONFIG]196764[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]196763[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]196765[/ATTACH]

post-31491-143141934175_thumb.jpg

post-31491-143141934178_thumb.jpg

post-31491-143141934181_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jolly_John (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

Hello....I have been to the machine shop in Rosholt (a wonderful place) before. Never had sign work done, just rather odd machining jobs related to some of my old cars. I think the local guy who has had signs straightened there is Joe Niedbalski. He mentioned that to me several years ago. Nice to hear from you. If you're going to IOLA next week, please stop at spaces BU-37, 38, and 39 and say "hi". Best, John

Hello, young Mr. Anderson (compared to your Dad, who I enjoyed meeting many years ago!). I have been to the machine shop in Rosholt (a wonderful place) numerous times, when you still owned it. Never had sign work done, just rather odd machining or welding jobs related to some of my old Buicks. I think the local guy who has had signs straightened there is Joe Niedbalski. He mentioned that to me several years ago. Nice to hear from you. If you're going to IOLA next week, please stop at spaces BU-37, 38, and 39 and say "hi". Best, John

John......I went to Car Show today but after walking about 5 miles (no kidding) and forgetting your location....... <BONK>........I packed it in after wild goose chasing for nearly 3 hours.

With all the ground I covered trying to find Vintage Locks I may have walked right past you 3 times and not known....... :rolleyes:

As it turned out he didn't have a blank for my Dodge key anyway so THAT was a waste of time.......except now I KNOW how rare those keys are.

BUT........as luck would have it I logged into my ebay account about a 1/2 hour ago and BOUGHT A KEY on a BUY IT NOW for $10!!!!!!!! :D

This WAS my lucky day!